QB Issue Resolution:
After installing a new version of QuickBooks, you update your company data file by opening it in the new version. This process updates company files from any older version of QuickBooks to the newer one.
About updating your data file
To update your company data file:
- Open the new version of QuickBooks.
- Choose File > Open or Restore Company.
- Click Open a company file and then click Next.
- Browse to your data file, select it, and click Open.
- If QuickBooks displays the Move Company File window, read and follow the instructions shown there.
- Read the information in the Update Company File for New Version window, click (check) the box to show you understand, and click Update Now.
- Follow the instructions to back up your company file, and make a note of where you put it, in case you need to refer to it later.
- When the message “You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks…Do you want to continue?” appears, click Yes.
- (Recommended) After the company file is updated:
- Store the backup you created in step 7 in a safe place until you know you will not need it again.
- If you copied the data file from another computer to update it, copy it back again.
- If you installed QuickBooks 2007 or later, the company file from your earlier version of QuickBooks may have been moved to a new folder:
- Windows 8, 7, and Vista: C:UsersPublicDocumentsIntuitQuickBooksCompany Files.
If you cannot find your data file in its original location, and if it is not in the specified folder, search your hard drive for *.qbw files and try to find it that way. Be sure to include hidden files and folders in your search criteria