QB Issue Resolution:
I receive an error when I try to start the QuickBooks Conversion Tool
- Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
- Make sure that Peachtree, QuickBooks, and the QuickBooks Conversion Tool are all installed on the same computer.
- Make sure that Peachtree and QuickBooks are not running when you start the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
- If you continue to receive the error, uninstall the QuickBooks Conversion Tool, download the tool again, and install the tool again.
I receive an unexpected error after selecting the Peachtree data folder
- In Peachtree, go to the Maintain menu and click Users.
- Make sure that no users are setup to limit data access from Crystal Reports.
If this box is checked for a user, uncheck it, save the file, and re-run the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
- If you still receive this error, go to the Maintain menu and click Company Information.
- Make sure the company name only contains letters, numbers, and/or spaces. If the name includes other characters, edit the company name, click OK, and save the file.
- Check that:
- The folder you’re selecting has the Peachtree company file, not the Peachtree backup file (PTB).
- QuickBooks isn’t running.
- The Peachtree file does not restrict access to only one user.
- Exit Peachtree.
- Re-run the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
I receive the error “Utilities.cs; OpenQBSDK(); qbsdkticket is empty”
This error, which appears at the end of the conversion log file, typically occurs when there is a problem locating the QuickBooks shell file.
To solve this problem:
- Start QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu and click Open or Restore Company.
- Click Open a company file and then click Next.
- Browse and select C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocumentsIntuitQuickBooksCompany FilesConversion Tool Template FilesShell2011.QBW. (The shell file is version specific; choose the shell file for your specific version and edition of QuickBooks.)
- Exit QuickBooks and re-run the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
I receive error 28017
QuickBooks uses log files to monitor the conversion process. If you encounter an error, review the log files to determine the problem. Follow the instructions below to locate and open each log file.
QuickBooks Conversion Tool error log files
The QuickBooks Conversion Tool provides two log files.
- Conversion.log (An easy-to-read log file that contains the list information that passed and failed during the conversion and is used to diagnose conversion problems.)
- Master.log (The main log file that shows the conversion history. The last line lists the error that stopped the conversion.)
To find and open the log files:
- Click the Start button and select Documents (My Documents in Windows XP).
- Double-click the QuickBooks Conversion Logs folder.
- Open the [CompanyName]_convertlogs folder, where [CompanyName] is the name of the QuickBooks company file you are converting to.
- Double-click on the master.log or conversion.log file to open it.