QB Issue Resolution:
- Windows 8, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Vista (SP2 or later), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2012 (Small Business Server/Essentials), Windows Small Business Server 2011, Small Business Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 (SP2),including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows:natively installed & Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1)or Vista with UAC on, Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 – Terminal Server Config., Windows Server 2003 (SP2), Windows Small Business Server 2012, Windows Small Business Server 2011, and Windows Small Business Server 2008
Note: Windows Home Server Edition is not supported.
- Linux: When using an Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation: natively installed OpenSUSE 13.1, Fedora 20, Red Hat Enterprise 6.5.
- 2.4 GHz processor minimum
- 2 GB RAM minimum
- 2.4 GHz processor minimum (2.0 GHz for Linux)
- 2 GB RAM minimum – Server
- 4x CD-ROM drive required for CD installations
- Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher with up to 1 Extended monitor
- Internet access is required
- U.S. version of Windows only
- Administrator Rights required for the server computer when hosting Multi User Access
- Regional Settings are supported when set to English (United States) with keyboard setting to U.S. only
- Natively installed
- Minimum network requirements:
- 100 Mbps network card
- 100 Mbps switch or router
- 40 Mbps network bandwidth
- Disk space (client and server):
- 2.5 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files)
- Additional software: 250 MB for Microsoft .NET 4 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings
- Require minimum 2.0 GB Ram
- Twice the size of the largest File set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”IntuitIntuit Data Protect”
- Terminal Server cannot be communications server, print server or modem server
- Memory Requirements:
- 5 users: 2-3 GB
- 10 users: 3-4 GB
- 15 users: 4-6 GB
- 20 users: 6-8 GB
QuickBooks is capable of integrating with hundreds of third-party applications. The following integrations are provided with QuickBooks; additional RAM will enhance the use of these features. See Intuit Marketplace for the most up-to-date list.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2010 and Office 2013/365 (including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit. (Note: Office 365 is only supported when it is locally installed, not the web version.)
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2013, 2010, or 2007.
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007.
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2013, 2010, or 2007.
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook (the download is available at no charge).
Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. If a sync is performed, duplicate records could result
- QuickBooks Point of Sale 2014 (V12.0), V11.0 , V10.0
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner functionality and viewing forms requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services requires Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (DSL or cable modem recommended).
- TurboTax 2013 and 2014 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2014 and 2013.
- Pro-Series tax years 2014 and 2013.
- QuickBooks for Mac 2015.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL.
- Internet Explorer 11, 10, and 9.
QuickBooks Pro 2015 has been tested with the following firewall and antivirus products.
Note: In some cases, it may be necessary to adjust settings in these products to ensure the best possible performance with QuickBooks.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8 and 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows Vista Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Windows Defender
Note: QuickBooks will work with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but this is not recommended because performance issues may cause QuickBooks to operate slowly.