QB Issue Resolution:
QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2012 or later (Beanstalk):
- Open QuickBooks desktop.
- From the Help menu, choose Update QuickBooks.
- Select all updates in the Update Now window.
- Click Get Updates to download.
- When update is complete – click Close.
- Click File > Exit
- Start QuickBooks again and install the updates – don’t choose the option for installing later.
- In desktop – click Company menu and Export Company File to QuickBooks Online.
- Complete interview steps (including entering your login info for QuickBooks Online and selecting the company you’d like to import into.)
- You’ll get an email when the import is complete.
- Log into QuickBooks Online.
- Run Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet reports from both versions of QuickBooks – must be run on Accrual and All Dates. Compare to make sure your import was successful.
Error 500 while Importing? Two reasons this could happen:
- Desktop is in multi-user mode when you hit Export Company File to QuickBooks Online, and on a network. Move the file to your local drive and try again.
- Data-integrity issues with your company file. Try doing a verify and rebuild. Note: Verify/rebuild does not solve all data integrity issues. If you still have issues, please contact desktop support.
Quickbooks Pro/Premier 2011 or earlier
If you’re using QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2011 and earlier, you’ll need to update your QuickBooks version before copying your QuickBooks for Windows data file into QuickBooks Online.
With QuickBooks 2014, you can transfer data directly into QuickBooks Online! If you don’t have the latest QuickBooks for Windows 2014, you can use the trial version of this product to continue.
Steps to import your QuickBooks for Windows data file into QuickBooks Online:
- Download QuickBooks for Windows 2014 trial here: http://quickbooksrepairpro.com/quickbooks-downloads.aspx
- Install QuickBooks for Windows 2014 trial and upgrade your data file. **Note: do the required backup in case you decide you want to remain in your previous QuickBooks for Windows version.
- In QuickBooks 2014, choose QuickBooks > Check for QuickBooks Updates and update to the latest revision. (If you don’t see this option, you already have the updates! Go to next step.)
- After the update finishes, restart QuickBooks.
- Choose Company > Export Your Company File to QuickBooks Online.
Then, once we successfully copy and import your data, you’ll be sent an email. From there, sign in to see your data and start working.