QB Issue Resolution:
These are the basic steps to follow when you export your lists.
How to fix it
- Log in to the data file as the Administrator.
- Switch to single user (SU) mode.
- In the menu bar, select File and then Utilities.
- On the sub-menu, select Export, and the Lists to IIF Files.
- Put a checkmark next to each of the lists you want to export.
- Click OK.
- In the Save In window, browse to the location where you want to save the IIF file (often, this will be your desktop).
- In the File name field:
- Delete the asterisk (*). Windows will not save a file if you do not delete the asterisk (*).
- Enter a file name with the extension of .IIF.
- Click the Save button.
- Click OK to the message that the file was successfully saved.
- Repeat Steps 3 – 10 until all needed lists are exported.
- Right click on an exported file on your desktop and select Open With.
- Select Microsoft Office Excel.
- If you get the wizard to convert a text file, click Next, Next, Finish.