QB Issue Resolution:
The Peachtree-to-QuickBooks conversion tool lets you directly convert Peachtree data folders to QuickBooks company files. The conversion process copies your Peachtree data to a new QuickBooks company, leaving your original Peachtree data files unchanged.
To do this task
- Make sure that you meet the requirements for converting Peachtree files to QuickBooks.
- A supported version of QuickBooks must be installed on your computer. (If you are using an earlier version of QuickBooks, you must first upgrade to QuickBooks 2006 or later.)
- QuickBooks must be registered and licensed.
- 512 MB RAM (recommended) of CPU memory.
- A Peachtree program (any vertical except Quantum) must be installed locally on your computer.
- The Peachtree files (not the Peachtree PTB backup) must be located on this same, local computer
For older versions of Peachtree (prior to 2001), you must do a preliminary conversion into a compatible Peachtree version before you can convert the data to QuickBooks. If you need assistance, contact QuickBooks Support.
- Prepare your Peachtree files for conversion.
- Open QuickBooks.
- If QuickBooks isn’t already in single-user mode,switch to it.
In single-user mode, only one person at a time can access and work with your company file.
To do this task
- If other people are working with the company file, ask them either to close the file or exit QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu and click Switch To Single-User Mode.
- Update QuickBooks to the latest release orset Automatic update to OFF.
- Go to the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks.
- Click the Options tab and make sure that Automatic Update is set to No.
- Convert your Peachtree data to QuickBooks.
Save the newly created QuickBooks company file to a local drive (not across the network). You can move the file to a new location after the conversion finishes.
After converting your data, you will have two sets of data: your original, unchanged Peachtree data folder and your new QuickBooks company file.